Lubia bi Ziet
Sauteed Green Beans
1/2 cup Cut Green Beans
1 small white or yellow onion
1 tablespoon of garlic
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 cups of Tomato Juice
salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in a pan to fit green beans.
- Once boiling put the beans and let cook for 10-15 minutes.
- While the beans are boiling slice the onion and place in sauté pan with oil and garlic.
- Let simmer so that onions soften rather than brown, about 10 minutes.
- Once the Onions have softened, stop heat and wait for beans.
- Once the beans have changed color remove from stove and drain.
- Put the drained beans back in pan and add Tomato Juice and sautéed onions.
- Let simmer on low heat while stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and serve warm or cold, with rice or pita bread.
Roast Potatoes with Garlic, Oregano and Lemon
5 lbs. of potatoes, peeled & cut into 1 1/2" cubes
1 cup olive oil
8 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tablespoons dried oregano
2 teaspoons salt
Fresh ground pepper
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Place potatoes in a pan on one layer. Add the oil, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Toss well.
- Bake in a 400º oven for 15 minutes.
- Add the stock and bake 10 minutes more.
- Add the lemon juice and toss again. Bake for 10-15 minutes more or until well cooked.
- Heat under broiler or 500º oven to heat through and crisp up.
- Sprinkle with fresh oregano and serve.