Seared Salmon Salad
Fresh salmon fillet seared on iron skillet with a fennel seed / black peppercorn crust and served over mixed greens
tossed with red onion, cherry tomatoes, capers and a lemon vinaigrette.
5 oz. Salmon
1/4 oz. whole black peppercorns (liquid oz.)
1 oz. fennel seeds (liquid oz.)
- Grind spices together in coffee mill and then press firmly into salmon being sure to coat completely to form crust when cooking.
- Place non-stick pan on medium heat until it starts to smoke then place salmon gently in pan cooking on each side for about 1.5 minutes per side ( I like mine to be about medium)
Fresh squeezed juice from four large lemons and the zest from two
1/2 oz. salt pepper mix (liquid oz.)
2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- Whisk vigorously and toss in salad using a large bowl.
Using a mix of greens of your choosing, toss in:
- 1/4 oz. capers (liquid oz.)
- 5 cherry tomatoes cut in half
- Julienne red onion ( as much or little as you would like)