Autism has become a national economic, social and health crisis. Consider these facts:
1. There is no know cause or cure for autism.
2. There are between 1,000,000 to 1,500,000 people in the US with autism.
3. In less than 10 years, autism will be the number one disability in the U.S.
4. 60% of those with autism are under the age of 11.
5. Autism is the fastest growing disability in America, increasing at a rate of 10% - 17% annually.
6. 50 families in the U.S. each day learn that someone in their family has autism.
7. Ten years ago, the rate of autism was 1 in 10,000. Today, autism spectrum disorders occur in 1 in 166 births. The rate for classic autism is 1 in 400.
8. Autism affects individuals from all racial, ethnic and economic groups.