- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 8 ounces (1/2 of a 16-ounce package) processed cheese spread, melted
- 3 eggs
- 3 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and well drained
- 2 tablespoons Italian-flavored bread crumbs
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Melt the butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and saute for 2 to 3 minutes, or until tender. Remove from the heat and add the flour; mix well. Add the hot water and stir until well blended.
3. In a large bowl, combine the cheese spread, eggs, and chopped broccoli. Add the onion mixture; mix well. Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle with the bread crumbs.