Here's a timeline of events surrounding the killing of Sister Margaret Ann Pahl, for which Father Gerald Robinson is accused:
- April 5, 1980 -- Sister Margaret Ann Pahl's body is found in the chapel at Mercy Hospital. She had been strangled and stabbed in the chest and neck about 30 times.
- April 9, 1980 -- The Rev. Gerald Robinson celebrates Sister Pahl's funeral Mass.
- April 18-19, 1980 -- Robinson is questioned by police. He also is given two polygraph tests.
- June 11, 2003 -- A woman tells the Toledo Catholic Diocese that she suffered years of ritual sex abuse by diocesan and religious-order priests during her childhood. She mentions Robinson's name.
- December 2003 -- Authorities receive a letter about the woman's allegations and later reopen the investigation into Sister Pahl's death.
- April 23, 2004 -- Robinson is arrested at his home and charged in the slaying of Sister Pahl.
- May 7, 2004 -- Robinson pleads not guilty to an aggravated murder charge.
- Dec. 31, 2005 -- The Lucas County Prosecutor's office reduces the charge against Robinson from aggravated murder to murder, saying the killing was not premeditated.