Classic Italian Cannoli Filling
1.5lb. ricotta cheese(drain off excess liquid)
1.5lb. powdered sugar
Half of a fresh-seeded vanilla bean or 2 tsp vanilla extract
If using vanilla beans, cut bean in half.
Slice bean open lengthwise, being careful not to cut it in half.
Using the backside of the knife, scrape out the seeds and place in mixing bowl with other ingredients.
Mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl using a rubber spatula or small electric mixer, being careful not to over mix.
When finished, place cannoli cream in a pastry bag or a zip-lock back with one corner cut-off.
2lb. quality chocolate chips 1lb. chocolate pieces
1 quart of heavy whipping cream
1oz unsalted butter 2 tbs. of chocolate liqueur
Place liqueur, heavy cream, and butter in a saucepan, and heat until it just starts to boil (DO NOT BOIL!)
Take off the flame and stirring vigorously with a wire whip, add chocolate, both kinds, until smooth.
1.5 lb. Raspberries
2 Cups of water 3 Cups sugar Place water in pot until begins to boil and stir in the sugar to until completely dissolved and then remove from stove.
Mix raspberries and “simple syrup” together in a blender or in a container using a hand mixer and puree until smooth.
Strain sauce through a small mesh strainer to remove the raspberry seeds, then refrigerate for at least an hour before use.
· Keep the warm chocolate ganache in a small pot on a low setting on the stove to keep from cooling off, (careful not to cook or scorch).
· On a 10” plate, ladle 3 oz of chilled raspberry sauce.
· Pipe 2 oz of cannoli filling into 2 cannolli shells.
· Dip one of the cannoli shells into the ganache completely covering and place in the center of the plate.
· Dip the other cannoli and set it so it is shingled off the other.
· Garnish w/ fresh raspberries.