Whitehouse fires caused by Roman candles

Whitehouse fires caused by Roman candles
(Source: WTOL)

WHITEHOUSE, OH (WTOL) - Whitehouse Fire and Police Department personnel were dispatched to the rear of the sledding hill at Nona France Park on the report of an active fire on Wednesday.

The fire was determined to have been caused by Roman candles being used in the immediate area.

This is the second report of a fire that was caused by Roman candles in the same area.

Evidence was obtained from the scene and will be processed to determine possible ownership.

Fire and police investigators are asking the public's help in identifying the subject(s) involved, or if anyone observed any suspicious activity in that area on Wednesday or during last week's incident.

Please contact the Whitehouse Fire Department at 419-877-0363, or the Whitehouse Police Department at 419-877-9191 with any information.

Subject(s) could be charged with arson, criminal mischief, criminal damaging, and/or possession of fireworks.

There will be additional patrols in the area of Nona France Park.

Copyright 2018 WTOL. All rights reserved.