Friends Pay it Forward to Glendale mom who had $800 stolen befor - News, Weather, Sports, Toledo, OH

Friends Pay it Forward to Glendale mom who had $800 stolen before Christmas

(Source: 3TV/CBS 5) (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)
(Source: 3TV/CBS 5) (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)
PHOENIX (3TV/CBS 5) -

Misty Jaramillo goes to beauty school during the day, works at night and in her free time tries to raise four children.

"I stay tired daily," said Jaramillo. "Yesterday I fell asleep answering a phone call up front."

The Glendale mom's life took another heartbreaking turn a few days ago.

During a hair show, someone stole $800 out of Jaramillo's purse.

She had just just cashed her paycheck and was going to pay some bills.

"Electric was due this week," said Jaramillo. "It was like, 'How am I going to live without this hard earned money that I made, and somebody took from me."'

Jaramillo was also going to use that money to buy her kids Christmas presents.

Mykaela Tyler heard about what happened and immediately teamed up with other students to help their classmate out.

They wrote in to CBS 5 to Pay it Forward to help the single mom, who could use some Christmas cheer.

"I was like, 'Oh no, this is not going to happen a week before Christmas. I am not going to sit by and watch her cry and think about what will I give my children for Christmas and what will I feed them,'" said Tyler.

Earlier this week, students from the Empire Beauty School walked in and gave Jaramillo $500.

"I just felt I would Pay it Forward to you, and I know you are having a hard time and so you continue to inspire me and students at Empire," Tyler said. "I want to tell you to keep doing what you are doing because you are amazing, and I want to Pay it Forward to you ."

"I never expected this, not a bit, "said Jaramillo. "It's definitely overwhelming because it's something that I wouldn't think twice about. To know that somebody else cares enough to do that for me means a lot."

Click/tap here to download the free azfamily mobile app.

Copyright 2017 KPHO/KTVK (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

• Featured VideoMore>>

Hundreds of dead fish stink up Maricopa neighborhood

Tuesday, July 17 2018 12:26 AM EDT2018-07-17 04:26:49 GMT
    Tuesday, July 17 2018 3:03 PM EDT2018-07-17 19:03:58 GMT
    Hundreds of fish showed up dead at a man-made lake in a Maricopa neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)Hundreds of fish showed up dead at a man-made lake in a Maricopa neighborhood. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

"The whole lake was carpeted with fish," Tod Antell said.

More >>

"The whole lake was carpeted with fish," Tod Antell said.

More >>

Avondale couple not happy going solar

Monday, July 16 2018 8:08 PM EDT2018-07-17 00:08:00 GMT
    Tuesday, July 17 2018 3:03 PM EDT2018-07-17 19:03:50 GMT
    The Chavez family say they feel like they were misled. (Source: 3TV)The Chavez family say they feel like they were misled. (Source: 3TV)
    The Chavez family say they feel like they were misled. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)The Chavez family say they feel like they were misled. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

An Avondale couple says they were lied to about the benefits of going solar so they called 3 On Your Side to get out of the contract.

More >>

More >>

Former Scottsdale school district CFO under indictment breaks silence

Monday, July 16 2018 11:38 PM EDT2018-07-17 03:38:44 GMT
    Tuesday, July 17 2018 3:03 PM EDT2018-07-17 19:03:43 GMT
    Laura Smith has stepped down, but she and her attorney argue that we haven't heard the whole story. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)Laura Smith has stepped down, but she and her attorney argue that we haven't heard the whole story. (Source: 3TV/CBS 5)

The former Chief Financial Officer for the Scottsdale Unified School District has been indicted on fraud and conflict of interest charges. She's accused of approving district payments to her sister's company, and not disclosing the relationship. Laura Smith has since stepped down, but she and her attorney argue that we haven't heard the whole story.

More >>