TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - The city says they are continuing to closely monitor raw water conditions. Experts are collecting data from water nearby the intake crib.
The quality of water at Toledo's intake crib is monitored 24-hours a day. The city takes samples from the intake at least once a day for daily testing.
When conditions warrant, the city will increase the testing.
The city uses five levels to gauge the water quality:
- Clear (Blue): Less the 5 ppb in the intake grid crib and non-detect in tap water
- Watch (Green): Greater than or equal to 5 ppb in the intake grid crib and non-detect in tap water
- Caution (Orange): Microcystin has been detected in tap water, but test results do not indicate the need to issue an advisory. Additional sampling and testing is underway and water treatment has been accelerated
- Pre-School Advisory (Yellow): DO NOT DRINK for children five and under. Tap water tests greater than 0.3 ppb and not exceeding 1.6 ppb
- Do Not Drink (Red): Tap water tests greater than 1.6 ppb