TOLEDO, OH (WTOL) - You may not know it, but checking and replacing the gas caps on your vehicles can save you money and mileage.
According to TMACOG, leaky gas caps contribute to ozone pollution, and can also make your "check engine" light come on.
Testing takes around two minutes.
Tuesday, TMACOG held an event checking and replacing gas caps at the Shell gas station on Monroe in downtown Toledo.
If you could not make it to Tuesday's event, there will be several other gas cap testing events in the area:
- Wednesday, June 7 at Barney's, 1670 E. Wooster, Bowling Green, OH 43402
- Thursday, June 8 at Circle K, 103 Anthony Wayne Trail, Waterville, OH 43566
- Tuesday, June 13 at Kroger's, 3301 Navarre Ave., Oregon, OH
- Wednesday, June 14 at True North/Shell, 4310 W. Central, Toledo, OH 43615
- Thursday, June 15 at Circle K, 8154 Airport Hwy., Holland, OH 43528
- Tuesday, June 20 at True North/Shell, 5473 Monroe St., Toledo, OH
- Wednesday, June 21 at Kroger's, 2257 N. Holland Sylvania Rd., Toledo, OH
- Thursday, June 22 at Circle K, 6775 Dorr St., Toledo, OH 43615
- Tuesday, June 27 at Kroger's, 7545 Sylvania Ave., Sylvania, OH
- Wednesday, June 28 at True North/Shell, 5855 Weckerly Rd., Whitehouse, OH
- Thursday, June 29 at Barney's, 5821 N. Detroit Ave., Toledo, OH 43612