FOSTORIA, OH (WTOL) - A Fostoria family is in mourning today, after what appears to be a freak accident, claimed the life of one of their loved ones.
The Fostoria fire department was called to the 500 block of East North street just after 1:30 Sunday afternoon.
When they arrived, the body of 48-year-old Kim Holland had been removed from the home with severe burns.
Holland's next door neighbor said he had smelled a slight burning smell for hours before fire crews arrived.
Kim's brother Fred Quaintance, said the victim parents had found the home full of smoke when they came to visit.
Her father and brother found her and pulled her out, but they were also injured when they fell into a hole that had been burnt through the floor. All three were transported to a hospital. The father and brother had non-life threatening injuries. Holland later died at the hospital.
Quaintance believes the fire more than likely started when his sister lit a cigarette near her medical oxygen tanks.She was the only person in the house at the time of the fire.
Police said there is very little fire damage to the home but there is smoke and heat damage to the first floor.
The victim leaves behind a 10 year old son.