Tomato Turkey Brine
Prep time 8 Minutes Cook time 3.5 Hours Servings Family up to 12
16 lbs. Turkey
9 Cups Water
2 (28 oz.) cans Dei Fratelli Tomato Puree
12 Tbsps. White Sugar
8 Tbsps. Ground Black Pepper
12 Tbsps. Kosher Salt
¼ cup Granulated Onion
¼ cup White Distilled Vinegar
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Remove thawed turkey from package. Remove the giblets and neck from the turkey cavity.
3. Drain excess liquid from turkey and submerge the turkey in a 3-gallon pot - or clean plastic bucket. Allow 24 hours for bird to brine.
4. Preheat oven to 325°F. Remove the turkey from the brine and allow to drain - about 20 minutes.
5. Tuck the wings behind the bird. Place in a roasting pan and roast in the preheated oven for 3.5 hours.
6. Pull the turkey from the oven and let rest for 45 minutes.