Bite into the delicious flavors of fall with this easy one-dish pork tenderloin with locally grown apples, potatoes and peak of season sweet potatoes. Make one for today, and a second batch to freeze for another occasion!
Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Fall Vegetables
1 Pork Tenderloin (about 1 1/4 pounds)
1 pound baby white potatoes (or 3 Medium white potatoes cut into 2" cubes)
2 medium sweet potatoes (about 1 pound) peeled and cut into 2" cubes)
1 medium onion, peeled and cut into 1" wedges
1 medium tart Michigan apple, cut into 1" wedges (such as Macintosh, Johnathan, jonagold)
2 Tbsp. True Goodness® by Meijer™ Organic Olive oil
1/2 cup apple juice or cider
1/4 cup water
1/2 tsp. True Goodness® by Meijer™ Organic Garlic powder
1 tsp. McCormick® ground allspice
1 tsp. True Goodness® by Meijer™ Organic Rosemary
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
2. Toss potatoes, onion and apple with 1 Tbsp. olive oil. Rub remaining olive oil on pork.
3. Spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and place pork tenderloin in the center of the dish. Arrange vegetables evenly around pork. Pour apple juice and water over pork.
4. Mix spices, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle spice mix evenly over pork and potato mixture.
5. Cover with aluminum foil and place in oven for 1 hour. Check vegetables for doneness. Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
6. Remove from oven, let stand 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
Nutrition information per serving (1/4 of pork tenderloin with potato mixture): Calories 395, Fat 12g, Saturated Fat 2g, Cholesterol 100 mg, Sodium 365 mg, Carbohydrate 30g, Fiber 5g, Protein 41g.
Broccoli Apple Walnut Salad
4 cups fresh broccoli florets (about 2 medium heads)
½ cup shredded carrots or matchstick carrots
1 Gala apple, chopped
½ cup walnuts, chopped
½ cup True Goodness™ by Meijer™ Organic Dried Cranberries
Honey Dijon Mustard Dressing:
¼ cup lemon juice
2 tbsp. True Goodness™ by Meijer™ Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp. True Goodness™ by Meijer™ Organic Honey
1 garlic clove, minced
1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1. In a large bowl, combine broccoli, carrots, apple, walnuts, and cranberries.
2. In a bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil, honey, garlic, and Dijon mustard.
3. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Information (per 1 cup serving): 215 calories, 12g fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 27mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, 4g protein