SENECA COUNTY, OH (WTOL) - A former Toledo resident has been charged with involuntary manslaughter following an investigation into a death by overdose.
On Tuesday, Fostoria police wrapped up a four month investigation that led to a multiple count indictment against 34-year-old Tyree Carpenter.
Carpenter faces multiple charges including:
- One count of first degree involuntary manslaughter
- Three counts of trafficking heroin
- Two counts of possession of heroin
- Two counts of trafficking cocaine
- Two counts of possession of criminal tools
- One count of aggravated trafficking in drugs
- One count of possession of cocaine.
The investigation stemmed from the overdose death of 31-year-old Steffen Yarris, of Fostoria back on April 2, 2016.
Carpenter is being held at the Seneca County Correctional Facility, awaiting further prosecution.