FOSTORIA, OH (Toledo News Now) - On Monday, a woman pleaded guilty to charges related to a Fostoria house fire that resulted in two deaths last May.
Shey Weiker pleaded guilty to charges of aggravated arson, aggravated murder, murder, and attempted murder in court on Sept. 15.
Weiker admitted to starting the fire at 614 S. Poplar Street on May 26 with a flare. That fire claimed the lives of residents Daniel Marker and Tara Lynn Vance. A third resident, Dana Weatherall, was able to escape the fire and survive.
Weiker was sentenced to life in prison with possibility of parole after serving 25 years.
There are two pending cases remaining in connection to this investigation.
- 2 of 3 fatal Fostoria fire suspects claim insanity
- Bond set for suspects in fatal Fostoria fire
- Court documents: Fatal Fostoria fire intentionally started using railroad flare
- Bond set for 3 accused in deadly Fostoria house fire
- Fostoria Police: House fire is the result of arson, 3 arrested
- 2 dead, 1 hospitalized in Fostoria house fire