(Toledo News Now) - Chef Rob Campbell demonstrates how to cook clam and pork belly amatriciana live on 'Your Morning Saturday.'
It's one of several new meals making the way onto the revamped menu at Revolution Grille, 5333 Monroe Street, in Toledo.
Here's how you can recreate the dish:
4oz pork belly, or bacon
2oz medium diced red onion
2oz sliced spicy banana peppers
4 cloves minced garlic
8oz fresh chopped clams
16oz san marzano tomatoes
3tbsp chopped fresh oregano
Shaved Pecorino Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on box of your choice, I'm using Mafalda
- While pasta is cooking, build the sauce by browning pork in sauce pan
- Add red onion, banana peppers and cook until soft (with no color)
- Add garlic and clams and stir thoroughly until hot
- Deglaze with vermouth and reduce by half
- Add tomatoes and oregano, season to taste with salt and pepper
- Drain pasta, toss with sauce and garnish with Pecorino Romano cheese
Mobile users, click on the "Video" button in the app to watch this story. Download our app here.