Streaking fan Anthony Saveriano's losing streak in court - News, Weather, Sports, Toledo, OH

Streaking fan's losing streak in court

Anthony Saveriano in court Anthony Saveriano in court
Streaker Anthony Saveriano at Browns game Streaker Anthony Saveriano at Browns game

The Cleveland Browns fan who bared it all at a preseason game will not be able to dodge a possible trial. Anthony Saveriano's bid to get a break from the court was denied by a judge in court on Tuesday.

Anthony Saveriano, 20, ran naked on the field during Cleveland's preseason game against Detroit last month. Saveriano got tackled by one Detroit player, but managed to break free. He made it all the way to the tunnel before he got busted by security.

Saveriano had hoped to get into a diversion program for first time offenders rather than have a trial, but the judge ruled that he didn't qualify. Saveriano's lawyer then asked for more time so that a possible deal could be worked out. That will happen later this month.

Reporter Paul Orlousky asked Saveriano the million dollar question outside of the courtroom - what were you thinking?

"Can we talk to you real quick?" Orlousky asked.

"Uh, not right now," Saveriano said.

"What were you thinking, what was going through your head?" Orlousky asked.

"A little over exuberant at a game, it's not the worst case we've ever heard in Cleveland," Saveriano's lawyer, Fred Crosby, said.

"You think he would have been as excited if he had seen the Browns performance this Sunday?" Orlousky asked.

Saveriano is due back in court on September 25.

Copyright 2013 WOIO. All rights reserved.

  • Headlines from Lucas, Wood, Ottawa, Fulton & Monroe CountiesNewsMore>>

  • TPD investigates attempted robbery at south Toledo restaurant

    TPD investigates attempted robbery at south Toledo restaurant

    Thursday, April 19 2018 9:23 PM EDT2018-04-20 01:23:34 GMT
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)
    Toledo police are investigating an attempted robbery at a south Toledo Bambino's Pizza & Sub restaurant. Police say around 9:15 Wednesday night, a man tried getting into the store but it was locked. That's when he pulled out a gun and pointed it at a worker. The suspect then tried getting through a side door which was also locked. He then ran away. The suspect did have his face and hands covered. Follow WTOL:   Download our app here.  Copyright 2018 WTOL....More >>
    Toledo police are investigating an attempted robbery at a south Toledo Bambino's Pizza & Sub restaurant. Police say around 9:15 Wednesday night, a man tried getting into the store but it was locked. That's when he pulled out a gun and pointed it at a worker. The suspect then tried getting through a side door which was also locked. He then ran away. The suspect did have his face and hands covered. Follow WTOL:   Download our app here.  Copyright 2018 WTOL....More >>
  • Judge orders second round of psychological evaluation for Toledo serial killer

    Judge orders second round of psychological evaluation for Toledo serial killer

    Thursday, April 19 2018 9:03 PM EDT2018-04-20 01:03:29 GMT
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)
    One of two brothers who admitted to stalking, raping and killing young women in the 1980's is one step closer to walking out of prison. Nathaniel Cook was back in Lucas County Common Pleas Court Thursday. Nathaniel confessed to three murders in all with his a older brother Anthony. Anthony is considered the ringleader of the crimes and is serving two life sentences. Under a plea agreement hammered out by prosecutors and defense lawyers, Nathaniel would be free after 20 years for adm...More >>
    One of two brothers who admitted to stalking, raping and killing young women in the 1980's is one step closer to walking out of prison. Nathaniel Cook was back in Lucas County Common Pleas Court Thursday. Nathaniel confessed to three murders in all with his a older brother Anthony. Anthony is considered the ringleader of the crimes and is serving two life sentences. Under a plea agreement hammered out by prosecutors and defense lawyers, Nathaniel would be free after 20 years for adm...More >>
  • Hancock County approves $1.5 million to upgrade county jail

    Hancock County approves $1.5 million to upgrade county jail

    Thursday, April 19 2018 8:27 PM EDT2018-04-20 00:27:05 GMT
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)

    Hancock County voters turned down a sales tax to raise money to upgrade their county jail. Now, the county will have to borrow money to make mandated upgrades. Earlier this week, Hancock County Commissioners approved to fund 1.26 million dollars worth of repairs and upgrades at the hancock County Jail. To pay for the work, the county will issue and sell 1.5 million dollars in short term notes to be paid back at a later date. The largest project will be replacing cell doors...

    More >>

    Hancock County voters turned down a sales tax to raise money to upgrade their county jail. Now, the county will have to borrow money to make mandated upgrades. Earlier this week, Hancock County Commissioners approved to fund 1.26 million dollars worth of repairs and upgrades at the hancock County Jail. To pay for the work, the county will issue and sell 1.5 million dolla

    More >>
Powered by Frankly