Restaurant Ratings Report: Employees wear fake nails, no gloves - News, Weather, Sports, Toledo, OH

Restaurant Ratings Report: Employees wearing fake nails without gloves

Employees were caught wearing fake nails with no gloves at the McDonald's on Laskey Road in west Toledo. Employees were caught wearing fake nails with no gloves at the McDonald's on Laskey Road in west Toledo.
(Toledo News Now) -

Restaurant owners are struggling to maintain a clean working environment and are recommended to head back to the classroom for a lesson in food safety.

After receiving 14 violations by the Lucas County Health Department, staff members at west Toledo's Monroe Street Diner are urged to take a food safety course, in an attempt to ensure the basics of running a restaurant are being met. Inspectors say problems like labeling food, cleaning the cook line, fixing a broken cooler, removing ice build-up and storing raw beef below raw fish could all be avoided with the proper training.

Ruby's Kitchen on Dorr Street in west Toledo was red flagged by health inspectors with three violations. No one was found food safety certified during inspection.

Mice are calling north Toledo's Los Amigos Family Restaurant home. Inspectors found droppings left behind by the "visitors" in their latest inspection of the Stickney Avenue eatery. Of the five violations, a leaking grease trap also needs attention from management.

Four violations were found at the McDonald's on Laskey Road in west Toledo. Employees were caught wearing fake nails with no gloves on, as well as jewelry on wrists and fingers. A wedding ring is allowed, but only if gloves are worn during food preparation.

Not a complaint could be found against T-Town Grinders and Pizza on Navarre Avenue in Oregon.

Mobile users, click on the "Video" button in the app to watch this story. Download our app here.

Copyright 2013 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.

  • Headlines from Lucas, Wood, Ottawa, Fulton & Monroe CountiesNewsMore>>

  • Former OSU football coach Earle Bruce dies at 87

    Former OSU football coach Earle Bruce dies at 87

    Friday, April 20 2018 8:31 AM EDT2018-04-20 12:31:56 GMT
    Earle Bruce (Source: Bleacher Report)Earle Bruce (Source: Bleacher Report)
    Earle Bruce (Source: Bleacher Report)Earle Bruce (Source: Bleacher Report)

    Former Ohio State Buckeyes coach Earle Bruce passed away Friday morning at the age of 87, according to ESPN.-

    More >>

    Former Ohio State Buckeyes coach Earle Bruce passed away Friday morning at the age of 87, according to ESPN.-

    More >>
  • Dave & Buster's reopens Friday after Lucas Co. Health Department confirms case of Hepatitis A

    Dave & Buster's reopens Friday after Lucas Co. Health Department confirms case of Hepatitis A

    Friday, April 20 2018 6:30 AM EDT2018-04-20 10:30:51 GMT
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)

    A confirmed case of Hepatitis A has been diagnosed to a food handler who works at at Dave and Buster's near the Franklin Park Mall. The Toledo-Lucas County Health Department warns that anyone who consumed any food or drink from the restaurant between March 1 through March 29 has been exposed to the virus and should get tested.  Dave and Busters has set up a phone line for people with questions or concerns at  is 844-344-94-44. Follow WTOL:   Download our app he...

    More >>

    A confirmed case of Hepatitis A has been diagnosed to a food handler who works at at Dave and Buster's near the Franklin Park Mall. The Toledo-Lucas County Health Department warns that anyone who consumed any food or drink from the restaurant between March 1 through March 29 has been exposed to the virus and should get tested.  Dave and Busters has set up a phone line for people with questions or concerns at  is 844-344-94-44. Follow WTOL:   Download our app he...

    More >>
  • Fire destroys north Toledo home

    Fire destroys north Toledo home

    Friday, April 20 2018 6:03 AM EDT2018-04-20 10:03:09 GMT
    (Source: WTOL)(Source: WTOL)

    The homeowner was at work at the time of the fire. 

    More >>

    The homeowner was at work at the time of the fire. 

    More >>
Powered by Frankly