4 salmon fillets (about 4 to 6 ounces each)
2 Tbsp. Balsamic vinegar
3 Tbsp. Meijer reduced sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup Meijer orange juice
2 Tbsp. Meijer Olive oil
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 green onions, sliced thin
1/2 tsp. McCormick Garlic powder
1 tsp. McCormick ground ginger
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (more or less to taste)
- Whisk together all marinade ingredients, reserve 1/4 cup of marinade mix separately for basting.
- Place remaining marinade mix into a large zipper-lock re-sealable bag. Add salmon filets, turning to coat. Allow to marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Spray grill grates with non-stick cooking spray. Pre-heat grill to medium high heat.
- Remove salmon from marinade bag and place on grill. Discard salmon marinade.
- Grill covered 7-10 minutes, until fish is no longer translucent and flakes easily with a fork. Baste with reserved marinate 2-3 times while cooking.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories 310, Fat 18g, Cholesterol: 85mg, Sodium 397mg, Carbohydrate 7g, Fiber 0g, Protein 29g.
Serve with: Meijer deli prepared Kale Salad, chilled watermelon slices and Patriotic Berry Trifle.
Patriotic Berry Trifle
Makes: 12 Servings
1 Prepared Angel Food Cake
3 Cups Prepared Vanilla Pudding (from skim milk)
3 Tbs. Brandy (or 1 tsp. brandy extract), optional
¼ Cup Strawberry Preserves
2 Cups Fresh Sliced Strawberries
2 Cups Fresh Blueberries
3 Tbs. Almond Slivers, toasted
1 Cup Meijer non-dairy Whipped Topping, thawed
- Cut cake into 1-inch cubes. In a trifle bowl or 2-quart glass serving bowl layer half of the cake cubes. Dot with half the preserves. Top with half of the fruit and almonds. Mix brandy (or extract) with vanilla pudding and spread half evenly over the layer of fruit. Repeat layers.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Spread whipped topping on top of the trifle and garnish with sliced strawberries and blueberries. Serve and Enjoy!
Nutrition Information, per serving: 230 calories, 5g protein, 4.5g fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 17 mg cholesterol, 40g carbohydrate.
Why settle for the same old gooey mayonnaise or yellow mustard potato salad when you can serve up lighter, flavorful grilled summer potato salad.
Grilled Summer Potato Salad:
1 lb. small red potatoes, washed and halved
4 Tbsp. Meijer olive oil, divided
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. Meijer Dijon mustard
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup Meijer sliced black olives, drained
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley