TOLEDO, OH (Toledo News Now) - An Indiana man has pled guilty to three charges related to a fire at Islamic Center of Greater Toledo in September.
Randy Linn pled guilty to three charges in federal court Wednesday. Those charges are intentionally defacing, damaging, and destroying religious property, using a fire to commit a felony and using and carrying a firearm to commit a crime of violence.
Linn was seen entering the building on the center's surveillance video on September 30 with what appears to be a firearm and gas can. Linn is then seen leaving a short time later. Minutes later firefighters respond to a blaze in the prayer room of the mosque.
Linn is scheduled to be sentenced on April 16.
Tune in to WTOL11 News at 5 and 6 for much more on this breaking news story.
- Third charge added in Toledo area mosque arson
- Islamic Center under construction after arson until spring
- Books 4 Buddies donate 600 books to damaged mosque library
- Islamic Center arson suspect's hearing rescheduled
- Interfaith community gathers after Islamic Center arson
- Dept. of Justice charges alleged arsonist with hate crime
- National Christian group to post billboard supporting Toledo Islamic center
- Islamic Center of Greater Toledo picking up pieces after arson
- Neighbor speaking out about suspect in Islamic Center
- Islamic Center arson suspect arraigned in Perrysburg
- Islamic Center fire suspect waives extradition, to return to Ohio
- Fire at Islamic Center of Greater Toledo ruled arson
- Photos released of person of interest in Islamic Center fire
- Crews respond to fire at Toledo Islamic Center