Rossford family escapes accidental fire that destroys home

ROSSFORD, OH (Toledo News Now) - A family's home is a total loss after it accidentally caught on fire early Tuesday morning.

The fire started around 4:30 a.m. at a house located at 1228 Grassy Lane in Rossford. The family woke up to glass breaking.

The house was occupied, but the homeowners and both their sons escaped safely, including the family dog. No one was injured.

The huge fire engulfed the house, which could be seen from I-75.

The cause is still being determined. The State Fire Marshall's Office and Rossford Fire Department are looking into lightning or possibly a grill on the back deck.

Damage is estimated around $350,000.

Copyright 2012 Toledo News Now. All rights reserved.