All clear given after hazmat spill at Sylvania nursing home

SYLVANIA, OH (Toledo News Now) – The all clear has been given after hazardous material spill was reported at the Kingston Care Center of Sylvania just before 3 p.m. Wednesday.

An employee of the care center says a bleach based cleaner was accidentally mixed with Lime-A-Way in a food preparation area on the second floor of the facility.  An employee immediately diluted the mixture, but the area was evacuated as a precaution.

The food prep area was isolated and it appears no patients were ever in danger.

"Out of the people that we did assess, one employee was taken [to an area hospital] just as a precaution, and everybody else said they were fine and would not require any medical attention," said John Lee of the Sylvania Township Fire Department.

Copyright 2012 Toledo News Now.  All rights reserved.