SYLVANIA, OH (Toledo News Now) – The all clear has been given after hazardous material spill was reported at the Kingston Care Center of Sylvania just before 3 p.m. Wednesday.
An employee of the care center says a bleach based cleaner was accidentally mixed with Lime-A-Way in a food preparation area on the second floor of the facility. An employee immediately diluted the mixture, but the area was evacuated as a precaution.
The food prep area was isolated and it appears no patients were ever in danger.
"Out of the people that we did assess, one employee was taken [to an area hospital] just as a precaution, and everybody else said they were fine and would not require any medical attention," said John Lee of the Sylvania Township Fire Department.