INGREDIENTS: (Makes roughly 4 cups)
1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces (~2 ½ cups)
1/3 cup of chopped red onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato (~1 medium tomato)
4 Tbsp fat free plain Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp lime juice
½ tsp salt
2 tsp minced fresh cilantro
½ tsp chili powder
8-12 drops of hot pepper sauce
- Place ½ inch of water and asparagus in a saucepan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain well!
- Place asparagus in a blender, cover and process until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, mash the avocado and add the onion, garlic, tomato, Greek yogurt, lime juice, salt, cilantro, chili powder and hot pepper sauce. Mix well.
- Stir in the asparagus mixture until well blended.
- Enjoy with vegetables or whole grain chips. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nathan's Skinny Guacamole Nutrition - 1 cup serving has:
- 130 calories
- 7 g fat
- 1 g saturated fat
- 0 mg cholesterol
- 336 mg sodium
- 547 mg potassium
- 13 g carbohydrate
- 6 g fiber
- 4 g sugar
- 5 g protein
Regular Guacamole – 1 cup serving has: