- 1 pound spaghetti, cooked
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, very thinly sliced
Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
Heat a large deep skillet over low heat. Add olive oil and garlic and crushed red pepper flakes. Add lemon juice, water and the cream to the garlic and oil. Raise heat a bit to bring sauce to a bubble. Add lemon zest, salt and half of the cheese to the cream sauce. Season the sauce with salt, to taste. Add pasta to pan and turn off heat. Toss the pasta with sauce a minute or 2, allowing it time to soak up the sauce.