Grilled Vegetable Stack-- Kelly Johnson: Evan Street Station, Tecumseh MI
Goat cheese and balsamic for the vegetables
1 large zucchini, sliced ¼ in bias
1 large yellow zucchini, sliced ¼ in bias
1 yellow squash, sliced ¼ in bias
2 red bell peppers
2 yellow bell peppers
1 lb asparagus, trimmed and blanched
8 oz goat cheese extra virgin olive oil balsamic reduction (see recipe)
salt and pepper to taste
1. Lay all the vegetables out and brush with olive oil liberally
2. Season with salt and pepper and grill peppers first, charring the outside black.
3. Put the peppers in a shallow bowl and cover for 5-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile grill the zucchini, squash and asparagus and reserve warm
5. Splay the peppers on a cutting board and scrape off thee blackened skin.
6. Slice the roasted, skinned peppers into 1 inch strips for the plate.