Grand Marnier Crème Brûlée
yield: 6- 6 oz servings ingredients:
5 egg yolks
1 tbsp grand marnier
1 tbsp orange zest
½ vanilla bean
1 2/3 c heavy whipping cream
½ c sugar, granulated
8 tbsp sugar, granulated
6 strawberries fanned out
1. Heat heavy cream and sugar in a saucepot. Remove form heat when sugar is dissolved.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk egg yolks until yolks are pale and they leave a ribbon trail.
3. Add your grand marnier and orange zest to the yolk mixture.
4. Gradually stir the cream into the yolk mixture.
5. Skim the top to remove all of the air bubbles.
6. Pour mixture into 6- 6 oz ramekins and place in water bath. Set oven temperature to 300 degrees with no fan.
7. Bake until custards are set, but slightly shaky in the center. This should take around 30 minutes. Start watching your custards when the twenty minute mark approaches to ensure perfect custards. 8. Refrigerate custards for at least one hour before serving.