- 4 Each Water Chestnuts, minced
- 1/2 Pound Shrimp, peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 Pound Lean Ground Pork
- 3/4 Cup Green Onions, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce, low-sodium, plus 1/3 cup for dipping sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Gourmet Garden Lemongrass, plus 1/2 tsp. for dipping sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Gourmet Garden Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Gourmet Garden Garlic
- 24 Refrigerated Dumpling Wrappers
- 2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 Teaspoon Gourmet Garden Chili Pepper
1. In bowl, combine water chestnuts, shrimp, pork, green onion, soy sauce, Gourmet Garden Lemongrass, Ginger and Garlic until thoroughly mixed.
2. Place about 1 tbsp. of the mixture in the center of a dumpling wrapper. Fold in half to make a semicircle. Using moistened fingers, fold pleats along the edge to secure filling. Arrange dumplings on a platter, cover with a damp towel as you work. Repeat to make 24 dumplings.
3. In a large on-stick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Arrange half of the dumplings in the pan and fry until pale golden, about 2-3 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water, cover and cook until liquid is gone and dumplings are crisp, about 7-10 minutes. Do not stir. Transfer to platter and repeat with remaining dumplings.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together 1/3 cup soy sauce, vinegar and 1/2 tsp. Gourmet Garden Lemongrass and Chili Pepper. Serve with warm dumplings.