Beef Tournedos with Mushroom, Brandy, and Toasted Baguette-- Evans Street Station/Tecumseh
4 ea. 6-8 oz. Filet Mignon
1 lb. Fresh Mushrooms, sliced
4 oz. Brandy
8 oz. Veal Stock
1/2 Pint Heavy Cream
1/2 Baguette, sliced on the biased into 1/2" slices
2 Cloves Garlic, minced
Salt and Fresh Black Pepper
Chives for Garnish
1+1+1 Tbsp. Butter
1. Set a saute' pan on high heat and add 1 Tbsp. of butter
2. Toast the bread in the butter till crisp and dreamy.
3. Cut the filets in half and season with salt and pepper and add to the pan with 1 Tbsp. butter.
4. Flip after a few minutes and add the mushrooms to the pan with the rest of the butter.
5. Remove the filets when medium rare and hold warm.
6. Saute' the mustrooms till carmelized nand add the garlic for a minute or so.
7. Deglaze with brandy and add the veal stock. Reduce by half.
8. Add the cream and reduce till slightly thickened.