2 contractors electrically shocked doing work at Banner Mattress

TOLEDO (WTOL) - Paramedics rushed two contractors to St. V's Friday afternoon, August 7 after they got electric shock injuries.

It happened at the Banner Mattress store on Alexis and Douglas just after noon.

The store's manger said the pair were fixing the building's air conditioner when one of the men touched a live wire. The manager said that caused some sort of explosion that burned one man on the arm and the other man on the arms and face.

One man is in critical condition. We do not have names or the condition of the second contractor. No one else in the store was hurt.

Copyright 2009 WTOL, a Raycom Media station. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.