This recipe is for four scallops.
For the scallops:
For the Sauce:
For the Panzanella:
1. Start preparations by mixing the ingredients for the panzanella together in a bowl. Let these ingredients marinate. The bread should get very soft, and the mixture should have a "cottage cheese" type consistency. Reserve in the fridge.
2. In a small sauté pan pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and heat until almost smoking. Dust the scallops on all sides with the dry porcini mushroom powder, and place in the sauté pan and sear on each side. Pull the pan off the burner, and let the scallops finish slowly in the pan uncovered.
3. In another sauté pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and sauté the shrimp with the garlic, fennel, and black pepper. Cook until the shrimp are pink on both sides.
4. Pour in the limo cello, this mixture will produce a flame so be careful. Let the alcohol burn out and add in the tomato juice and the butter. Finish with the chopped parsley.
5. For your plate presentation, take a small soufflé cup, or a large shot glass, and press the panzanella into it tightly. Then tap the soufflé cups upside down on to your dinner plate. You are forming a platform to place your scallops on, so really press the salad into the cups so they form a firm foundation.