Toledo Area Humane Society Info:
Join the Toledo Area Humane Society to learn more about Pocket Pets at Oreo Day!
The Toledo Area Humane Society is hosting a very special day for the smaller animals that become our pets! Saturday, April 25 from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. at the Toledo Area Humane Society in Arrowhead Park, the public will have the opportunity to learn about the care and handling of Pocket Pets at Oreo Day!
Pocket Pets are animals like mice, guinea pigs, ferrets, gerbils and rabbits. These animals can become a special part of our families, but most people do not know what is involved with properly caring for them. For example, did you know that most small rodent type animals should not permanently be housed in glass aquariums due to potentially causing respiratory issues? Pocket pets needs special attention, and you will learn all about taking care of these animals at Oreo Day.
This day was inspired by an incredible young lady, Grace Haas of Maumee, Ohio. The untimely death of her special four legged friend, a wonderful guinea pig named Oreo motivated Grace. Grace made it her charge to educate the public, pet stores, veterinarians, even the staff at the Humane Society about the proper care of these small animals. Her efforts have even raised money toward the care of these animals at the Toledo Area Humane Society.
At Oreo Day on Saturday, the public will have the opportunity to learn about the care and handling of guinea pigs, rabbits, mice, gerbils, rats and ferrets. Veterinarians and experts in the field of these pocket pets will be available to discuss proper habitats, feeding, exercise and enrichment activities to make the lives of these special pets healthy and safe. You will also receive a list of local area veterinarians who treat these animals, animal specific care sheets and so much more.
Stop in to the Humane Society on Saturday from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. for Oreo Day and potentially adopt a new friend for your home! The Toledo Area Humane Society is located at 1920 Indian Wood Circle, Arrowhead Park, Maumee, Ohio. Adoption hours are Tuesday - Sunday, 10 am to 6 pm. The phone number is (419) 891-0705 or visit at the website www.toledoareahumanesociety.org
The Toledo Area Humane Society is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and is committed to the welfare of all animals by providing temporary shelter and care while seeking permanent homes. Donations from local individuals, corporations and monies generated by fundraisers are the sole source of funding.
FUN~FIT~FAST" WORKOUT By Molly-NASM CES/PT
- Can choose Neg outlets (food, alcohol, escape) OR Pos Outlets (fun family time, meditation, --Exercise!)
- EX health benefits:
* releases "feel good" hormone
* increases energy
* improves sleep quality
* boosts self confidence!
B) Barriers to Exercise
-Too busy/no time, don't like traditional forms, don't know how/what to do, expensive.
- Exercise has to be FUN....or we won't do it!
- Train to improve total body FUNction! Know why you are doing what exercises you are doing!
- Exercise only works if you DO IT!...so It has to FIT into our lives and be convenient or we won't do it!
- Exercise with Intention = Exercise Efficiency! Set GOals, GO Hard, GO Home!
Performed by- Byran Williams NASM CPT Wildwood Athletic Club
NAME of EX (EQUIP USED)---- MUSCLES USED
1) Plank Crawl-Square (Warm-Up: Body WT- total body control/coordination, cardio)
2) Side Plank & Press (FW- abs/glutes/mid back/arms, muscular coordination)
3) Tri Push-Up/Burpee/OH Press (FW- arms, upper back, abs/glutes, legs, cardio, coordination)
4) Wood Chop Squat (FW- legs, glutes, abs, arms, cardio)
5) Roll Back to Stand/Jump (Mat- total body muscular coordination, abs, glutes, legs, cardio, plyometric)
6) Lateral Box Drill (Step-legs, glutes, cardio, plyometric)
7) Speed Skate (Sliders- cardio, lower body)
8) Pro-Plank B Knee In-Jack (Sliders- arms, mid back, ABS, cardio, coordination)
9) SL plank to SLS (Cool Down: Body WT- abs, glutes, core, legs, flexibility, balance, coordination)
CLOSING: Secrets to Exercise Success:
1) Posture, Form & Technique can make or break the exercise! Learn proper technique!!
2) ALWAYS-BTBT: Belly Tight, Butt Tight!!!
3) Exercise With Intention: Don't make it Big, make it Perfect!
4) Stretch: as well as strengthen! Balance Your Body-Balance Your Life!
5) NEVER GIVE UP! Try everything until you find something that FITS for YOU!
CONTACT: Molly for "FUN-FIT-FAST" training (419) 340-8917
Bryan Williams WWAC's Premier Fit To Golf Expert (419) 539-0235