LUCAS COUNTY (WTOL) - New job opportunities are being created in Lucas County thanks to the federal stimulus package.
Here are the details:
- These summer jobs will be made available to people between the ages of 16 and 24.
- The job window will be sometime between May 1 and September 30.
- The jobs will be 25 hours a week for up to 8 weeks.
- Employees will be paid $7.50 per hour.
- People need to apply at The Source for this summer job program.
The Source is located at 1301 Monroe St. in downtown Toledo. Their hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Their number is 419-213-6322
"Each youth has the opportunity to earn up to $1500 plus a $100 bonus or stipend for perfect attendance. We're hoping this positive work experience will be their entry into the world of work. More importantly, build them with a challenging career and lead them with a career path," said Eric Walker of Lucas County Workforce Development.