TOLEDO (WTOL) - Toledo City Council meets Tuesday, April 7 to consider several cost cutting measures aimed at reducing a $27 million budget deficit.
Toledo Mayor Carty Finkbeiner has given council seven measures to suspend pension pick-ups and lower wages for most union workers. That includes police officers and the fire department.
Get the details that affect you and your neighborhood from City Council Member Tom Waniewski in our WTOL web chat Monday, April 6 at 5 p.m.
The plan includes (in part)
- A 10% pay cut for all city workers as well as moving to 36-hour week.
- Increasing the garbage fee.
- Privatizing trash collection.
- Reducing Fire Dept. overtime
- See the full list of revenue enhancements and cost reductions.