Cleveland, OH - The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame is making its final preparations to induct this year's class on April 4, 2009.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum will be open free to the public on Induction Day.
Here are this year's honorees:
- Run-D.M.C. will be inducted by Eminem
- Metallica will be inducted by Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)
- Jeff Beck will be inducted by Jimmy Page (The Yardbirds, Led Zeppelin)
- Bill Black will be inducted by Garry Tallent (Bruce Springsteen's E Street Band)
- DJ Fontana will be inducted by Max Weinberg
- Spooner Oldham will be inducted by Paul Shaffer
- Little Anthony will be inducted by Smokey Robinson
- Bobby Womack will be inducted by Ron Wood (Rolling Stones)
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will take place at Cleveland Public Hall on April 4, 2009 at 9p ET/PT, and will be televised live on Fuse and available on www.fuse.tv.
The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Simulcast will be presented by Jim Beam at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum starting at 7PM.
Two lucky guests of the Induction Simulcast will be selected to receive tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony at Public Hall. Those guests will be whisked away to the event in rock star style. The names of the winners will be drawn promptly at 7:30 p.m. They will be immediately taken to the event. Winners must be present to win.