Pan Seared Scottish Salmon
1. Heat oil in a sautee pan.
2. sprinkle salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar on the salmon, and place into the hot oil.
3. Turn the heat to low, and turn the salmon over. Either finish in the pan on low, or place in a 300 degree oven for six or seven minutes.
4. pour the sherry into the same pan, and burn off the alcohol.
5. Add in the pepper, lemon juice, sugar, and butter. Reduce to desired consistency.
6. Finish with the chopped parsley, and pour over the salmon. Serve immediately.
1. Heat the oil in a saute pan, add in the shallots, garlic, and the prociutto. Saute until the shallots start to soften.
2. Add in the white wine and cook off the alcohol, about a minute.
3. Add in the heavy cream, peas, red pepper flakes, and bring to a boil.
4. Add in the Asiago cheese. Make sure the cream mixture is boiling before you do so. When the cheese has melted into the sauce, add in the Fettuccini noodles.
5. Finish the dish with the fresh herbs, butter and salt if necessary.