(WTOL) - When someone asks who’s bringing the buffalo chicken dip, you can raise your hand!
Here are three SUPER simple recipes that will be a fan favorite on Sunday.
1. Cast Iron Chocolate Chip Cookie
- 1 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a 10 or 12 inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat stirring often, until it starts to bubble and is completely melted.
- Turn heat to low and add sugar and brown sugar, stirring well. Keep stirring until smooth and glossy.
- Chill for 10-15 minutes (you don't want to add the eggs now or you will have scrambled eggs).
- Remove from refrigerator or freezer and add eggs and vanilla and stir well.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in chocolate and stir to combine. (Check to see if dough is at room temperature before adding chocolate to prevent melting.)
- Bake at 325 degrees for 26-33 minutes or until the edges are lightly golden brown. (The inside will still be slightly gooey and that’s the way it’s meant to be. If the edges get too brown, place some foil over edges. The smaller the pan, the thicker the dough, which means a longer cooking time.)
Bacon Wrapped Dates
- Pitted dates
- Bacon (strips cut in half)
- Cut bacon strips in half.
- Roll one date in a half strip of bacon.
- Secure with a toothpick.
- Repeat for each.
- Preheat over to 425 degrees and place rolled dates on to a baking sheet.
- Bake for roughly 15 minutes, or cook dates over medium-high heat in a non-stick pan until golden brown.
Buffalo Chicken Dip with Root’s Poultry Shredded Chicken
- 2 packages (8 ounces) of cream cheese
- 2 (16 ounce) containers of Root’s Poultry Shredded Chicken
- 1 cup of ranch dressing
- ¾ cup to 1 cup of Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
- 1 ½ cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Set slow cooker to low.
- Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, cheddar cheese, then Root’s Poultry Shredded Chicken.
- Stir occasionally until all the cheese is melted and ingredients mixed.
- Serve over chips or just dig right in!