TOLEDO (WTOL) - Sometimes it’s just fair to let someone else have a turn.
Though the Toledo Zoo’s Lights Before Christmas came in second place in this year’s Best Zoo Lights by USA TODAY, don’t expect spirits or those famous lights to shine any less brightly.
Taking top honors this year was the Cincinnati Zoo.
Here are the top 10:
- PNC Festival of Lights at the Cincinnati Zoo - Cincinnati
- Lights Before Christmas at the Toledo Zoo - Toledo, Ohio
- Wild Lights at the Detroit Zoo - Detroit
- U.S. Bank Wild Lights at the Saint Louis Zoo - St. Louis
- Electric Safari at Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - Colorado Springs
- Let There Be Lights at Promised Land Zoo - Branson, Mo.
- Lights Before Christmas at Riverbanks Zoo & Garden - Columbia, S.C.
- ZooLights at the Phoenix Zoo - Phoenix
- L.A. Zoo Lights at the Los Angeles Zoo - Los Angeles
- SunTrust Zoo Lights at the Memphis Zoo - Memphis
You can still check Toledo’s multiple award-winning lights from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. from Sunday through Thursday and 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday and Saturday. The lights are closed on Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
Zoo members receive free and unlimited access to the Lights Monday and Thursday plus one free weekend visit.
Visitors can also save $1 per ticket by ordering online.