TOLEDO (WTOL) - It’s the week before Christmas, and all through the 419, there are plenty of events where you can spend your time!
Thursday, December 20
Art Loop - Light Up! Toledo | Uptown & Downtown Toledo | 5 - 9 p.m.
- Celebrate the Holidays with the final Art Loop of the 2018 season.
- This month features last minute gifts and shopping at local businesses and with local artist vendors, as well as holiday-themed exhibitions and light art and projection installations.
- Mini Maker’s Mart // December Art Loop | 5 - 9 p.m. | Handmade Toledo
- All the magic of Maker’s Mart, just in a smaller size!
- Shop local artist for last minute gifts!
Annual Parade of Trees | The Toledo Club | Thursday 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Open to the public. The dining room is also open to the public.
- Prime Rib Dinner Buffet
- Adults $29, Kids 5 - 11 $13
- Reservations go to Toledo Club
Free Entry to “Community” Exhibit | Art Loop at Toledo Museum of Art | 5 - 9 p.m.
- The TMA is offering free admission to view “Rebecca Louise Law: Community” on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Visitors may claim their free timed ticket (one per person) at the information desk upon arrival. Thursday evening tickets will not be available in advance or online.
Friday, December 21
Disney On Ice presents Frozen | Friday | 3 p.m. | Huntington Center
- Discover the full story of Disney’s Frozen like never before.
- Hosted by Mickey and Minnie, your whole family will sing along to unforgettable music and be delighted with special appearances by the Disney Princesses, Woody, Buzz, Dory and more. Experience magic at every turn and create memories to last a lifetime at Disney On Ice presents Frozen - the show worth melting for! *Note: Costumes not permitted for guests 14 years & up.
Holidays at Levis Commons | Thursday through Sunday
- Free Photos with Santa | 12 - 8 p.m.
- Visit with Santa (and Mrs. Claus during specific hours) at The Town Center at Levis Commons this holiday season and take FREE photos (bring your camera) in the beautiful Santa House
Horse and Carriage Rides | 5 - 9 p.m. | Weekends only
- Rides Are $5/Person or $10/Family Of Four.
- No reservations are provided - first come, first serve. Line forms on the Honor System. No “private” rides permitted during the event - carriages fill to capacity from those in line.
Go Inside The Tree | Friday 6 - 9 p.m.
- Enjoy this unique holiday perspective for FREE! Bring your camera and make holiday memories INSIDE our glowing 50-foot tree.
Saturday, December 21
Gingerbread House Construction | Imagination Station | 2 - 3:30 p.m. Saturday
- Secure your hard hat and get ready for a sweet build!
- Learn about architecture basics while you design a tasty creation! Plus, you get to take home your (gingerbread) home! Head to our website to sign up for this science and sugar-filled Think Tank Workshop!
- Members: $6 per person
- Non-members: $8 per person
- *Must register online*
New Trail! Five Mile Hike | Saturday 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. | Secor Metro Park
- Welcome winter with a hike on the newly developed Moseley Trail between Secor and Wiregrass Lake Metroparks. Free, Reservations, Code 405515101
- Register online
- Must register all participants
- Dogs are not permitted
Oak Openings Full Moon Rides | Saturday 7 - 9 p.m. | Spoke Life Cycles
- Night ride through OAK OPENINGS Beach Ridge Single Track
Ugly Sweater Party at The Heights | Saturday Dec. 22 | 4 p.m. - 1 a.m. | The Renaissance Hotel
- The 1st annual Ugly Sweater Party!
- Enjoy holiday cocktails (guaranteed to be prettier than your sweater), wood fired oven pizzas, and a guest appearance from our Bad Santa! The ugliest sweater wins a prize & mass amounts of glory.
Sunday, December 22
ToleGo Bike Share/ Reggie’s Group Ride | Sunday 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. | Toledo Farmers' Market
- Meet at the Toledo Farmer’s Market. at 5:30pm
- Bring a bike, or use a ToleGo Bike. There will be someone there to show us how to download the ToleGo Bike App, and your ride will be FREE.
- Bring a Toy, or Canned Food item to donate to the Toledo Cherry Street Mission
- We plan to roll 3-5 miles depending on what people are feeling like and weather.
- Helmets are required
Lights Before Christmas | Toledo Zoo | Now through December 31
- Walk through the newly renovated tunnel and enjoy all the season has to offer at the 2018 edition of the holiday tradition voted Best Zoo Lights in the nation!
- Features over one million lights, the award-winning Big Tree and more than 200 illuminated animal images spread out across the Zoo.
- Combined with the tunnel re-opening, the 2018 electrical spectacle is sure to be both merry AND bright!