TOLEDO (WTOL) - A Toledo family of six, already having a tough year dealing with major medical issues, lost their home to a house fire early on Saturday morning.
The fire happened around 3:45 a.m. on the 3200 block of Brock Drive in west Toledo.
Toledo Fire confirms that there is extensive damage to both the upstairs and downstairs levels of the home.
The family believes the fire was ignited by a candle that was left in the window.
Six people live in the home, but only four were inside at the time of the fire.
No injuries have been reported at this time.
According to a GoFundMe page started earlier this year, Alex Simpson, the father, who lives at the home with his wife and their 4 children, went to the hospital in late August with a headache and was told he had a large brain tumor that would require emergency surgery to remove.
A different GoFundMe, started on Saturday, also aims to help the family after the devastating fire.